Cast Iron Fireplace Refurbishment
Here at Firecraft West London we offer a full refurbishment service for all cast iron fireplace such as, baskets, inserts, combination & mantelpieces.
We can offer a complete package including removal, refurbishment & refitting.
Most fireplaces, especially surrounds or registers have been painted with many layers of paint. At our workshop we have developed a grit blasting process which will remove the old paint safely and without damaging the original cast-iron fireplace. We will then restore and complete the fireplace to the finish of your choice. We can repair or weld broken parts and we can supply replacement front bars and hoods and almost any accessories, we also make bespoke items including shelves to suit individual surrounds and registers.
Before: | After:
- The cast-iron fireplace is dismantled, including the removal of shelf, legs, and frieze etc., to enable blasting to be more easily carried out.
- If the tiles are to be kept, these are taped over or removed to prevent damage.
- The fireplace is grit blasted in the cabinet. Dust extraction equipment ensures no dust escapes into the environment.
- The detail of the fireplace is sprayed with heat proof paint to prevent corrosion, this will be polished over, but areas inaccessible to the polisher will be protected.
- The fireplace is then polished or highlighted (the detail only polished). This is done in a polishing booth to contain any dust, which again has its own dust extract. The polishing process consists of grinding the surface with a succession of grits grading down to a very fine until a virtual mirror finish is achieved.
- We can of course finish the fireplace in a traditional “black lead” or graphite finish if preferred.
For more information or if you require a full quotation, please get in contact with us at email@example.com